The 6th PR and Communications Excellence Awards for 2016 was held last Friday at the Wan-Shi Gardens in Asylum Down.
This year’s event themed “Deriving Value from Values” had Mr. Paul Asare Ansah, Director General of Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority as the Guest Speaker.
In his speech at the awards night, he admonished fellow PR professionals to add value to themselves so as not to be ignored when giving a seat at management meetings. “PR thrives on strategy, demonstrate that to the authority. Be guided by honesty, loyalty, integrity, credibility and build trust within the public” he said.
The night ended with individuals and corporate organizations winning various awards with the biggest award going to Mr. Paul Asare Ansah (Director General of Ghana Ports and Harbours), PR Personality of the Year.
Below is the list of winners for 2016:
- Best Community Relations : Vivo Ghana
- Best Content : Nestle Ghana
- Best ‘for a cause’ communication : Stanbic Bank
- Best in Crisis & Issues Communication : MTN
- Best in Non-profit Communication : MTN
- Best in Social Media Communication : Mahogany Consult
- Best in Technology : Electricity Company of Ghana
- Best in-house Team : Tigo
- Best Promotional Event : Stanbic Bank
- Digital & Social Media Campaign : Electricity Company of Ghana
- Launch & Relaunch : Stanbic Bank
- PR Campaign of the Year : Stanbic Bank
- PR Consultancy : Global Media Alliance
- PR Organization(Telecommunication) : MTN
- PR Organization(Extractive Sector) : Newmont Ghana
- PR Organization(Financial) : Stanbic Bank
- PR Organization(Manufacturing) : Ghana Ports and Habours Authority
- Internal Communicator of the Year : Alex Offei Lartey (Tigo)
- PR Discovery of the Year : Shirley Tony Kum (Vivo Ghana)
- PR Personality of the Year : Paul Asare Ansah (Ghana Ports and Harbour Authority)
Photocredit: Apeture on Point